Friday, August 15, 2014

Making progress...

I lost a few days of crocheting due to a bad cold this last fortnight......... it's rare that I don't have the energy to crochet, but the cold felled me & left me curled up on the couch feeling like death for about 4 days!  Such a waste of valuable crochet time!


I've made 108 dotty centres so far, in every possible combination of the 6 shades that I have & made some rough calculations with the small balls of yarn left, in each shade & can make another 90 centres, with the addition of 1 extra shade.... I wasn't sure what to go for, so I ordered MadTosh DK in Carnation & Robin's Egg & Tanis Fibre Arts Yellow Label in Lilac, which arrived Monday.  I'm leaning towards using carnation, but we'll see.........
 

208 centres will give me a blanket that's 16 hexagons long x 13 hexagons wide.......... I may make the blanket larger when it's all joined together by making a wider border, depending on how much Holi Festival I have left, as I'm not sure how far 12 skeins will go........

No comments:

Post a Comment